Barbecued Thai beef with cucumber and mint salad2015-07-14
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 20m
- Cook Time : 8m
- Ready In : 28m
Cooling cucumber and crisp mint join with simmered peanuts and hot hamburger in this sweet-smelling Thai serving of mixed greens.
- 2 tablespoons Thai red curry paste
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon fish sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon brown sugar
- 2 kaffir lime leaves, finely shredded (see tip)
- 4 x 200g beef rump steaks
- Shredded kaffir lime leaves and lime wedges, to serve
- 250g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 small Lebanese cucumber, halved, thinly sliced diagonally
- 1 cup fresh mint leaves
- 2 tablespoons chopped roasted unsalted peanuts
- 2 tablespoons Thai dressing (see note)
Combine curry paste, lime juice, fish sauce, sugar and kaffir lime leaves in a glass or ceramic dish. Add beef. Toss to coat. Cover. Refrigerate for 2 hours, if time permits.
Heat barbecue chargrill over medium-high heat. Cook beef for 3 to 4 minutes each side for medium or until cooked to your liking. Transfer to a plate. Stand, covered, for 5 minutes to rest.
Meanwhile, make cucumber and mint salad. Place tomatoes, cucumber, mint, peanuts and dressing in a bowl. Toss to combine. Serve beef with salad.
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 people rated this recipe
This information is per serving.