Chinese Hot and Sour Pork Soup2013-03-07
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 10m
- Ready In : 20m
- 8 cups chicken stock
- 1/4 lb lean pork, julienned
- 2 tablespoons garlic and red chile paste
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon white pepper, ground
- 1/2 cup egg substitute
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup bamboo shoot, julienned
- 1/2 cup water chestnut, sliced
- 1/2 cup carrot, julienned
- 1 cup shiitake mushroom, sliced and stems removed
- 1 cup straw mushroom
- 1 (12 ounce) package cake tofu, 1/4-inch dice
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/4 cup dried black fungus, soaked for 1 hour
- scallion, finely chopped, garnish
Bring stock to a simmer.
Add soy sauce, pork, mushrooms and chile paste. Simmer for 10 minute.
Add pepper, vinegar, bamboo shoots, water chestnuts, fungus and tofu.
Simmer 5 minute.
Mix cornstarch with 2 tablespoons water and add.
Bring back to simmer and pour the eggs in a very thin stream over the surface. Let stand for 10 sec. before stirring in the sesame oil.
Serve with a garnish of chopped scallions. NOTE: The pepper, chile paste and vinegar can be varied for taste. I also omit the pork and use less egg.