Cream Corn Soup2013-03-16
- Servings : 6
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 20m
- Ready In : 30m
- 5 cups homemade chicken stock or store bought chicken broth
- 1 1/4 cups canned creamed corn
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated sugar
- Black or white pepper, to taste
- 2 teaspoons Chinese rice wine or dry sherry
- 3/4 cup cooked crabmeat, or cooked diced ham
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch dissolved in 2 tablespoons water
- 2 egg whites, lightly beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon Asian sesame oil, or to taste
- 2 green onions (spring onions), finely chopped for garnish, optional
Bring the broth or stock to a boil in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir in the creamed corn and bring back to a boil (about 3 minutes).
Stir in the salt, sugar, white pepper, rice wine or sherry and cooked crabmeat. Cook for about 2 minutes to bring back to a boil again.
Give the cornstarch and water mixture a quick re-stir, and then pour into the boiling soup, stirring to thicken. When the soup has thickened, remove the saucepan from the heat.
Pour the egg whites into the soup in a steady stream, and quickly stir in a clockwise direction until they form thin shreds.
Add the sesame oil and the green onions garnish if using.
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 people rated this recipe
This information is per serving.