Hot and Sour Soup2013-03-08
- Servings : 6-8
- Prep Time : 35m
- Cook Time : 15m
- Ready In : 50m
- 1 lb raw country-style boneless pork ribs, sliced
- 1 tablespoon Chinese white rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon white pepper powder
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 6 cups water
- 2 cups dried black fungus
- 1 cup bamboo shoot, sliced
- 1/3 cup Chinese pickled mustard greens, sliced (optional)
- 1 cup carrot, shredded
- 1 cup firm tofu, cut into small cubes
- 5 tablespoons Chinese white rice vinegar
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt (to taste)
- 1 -2 teaspoon white pepper powder
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- chopped green onion
- fresh cilantro (optional)
Combine pork, rice vinegar, white pepper powder and corn starch. Refrigerate for at least 20 minutes.
Soak dried black fungus with warm water until soft. Wash and slice.
Cook black fungus, bamboo shoot, mustard greens in boiling water for about 1 minute. Drain and set aside.
Combine 1 tablespoon corn starch and 1/3 cup water.
Boil chicken broth and water together in a soup pot. Add black fungus, bamboo shoot, mustard greens and carrot. Add some warm water if necessary. Bring to boil again. Reduce heat to medium.
Stir in tofu, rice vinegar, soy sauce, salt and white pepper powder. Slowly stir in cornstarch mixture and then pork. Cook for about 2 minutes or until soup becomes thick. Reduce heat to low. Slowly stir in egg and then sesame oil.
Serve hot. Sprinkle chopped green onions and cilantro in soup bowl. Sprinkle some more white pepper powder in soup bowl if desire.
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 people rated this recipe
This information is per serving.
Total Fat13.0 g
Saturated Fat2.9 g
Total Carbohydrate32.0 g
Dietary Fiber2.9 g