Thai beef and rice noodle salad2015-07-28
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 20m
- Cook Time : 15m
- Ready In : 35m
Add this genuine Thai dish to your cooking collection.
- 200g dried rice stick noodles
- 500g piece beef rump steak
- 2 teaspoons peanut oil
- 1 medium red capsicum, cut into matchsticks
- 1 medium carrot, peeled, cut into matchsticks
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup fresh coriander leaves
- 1/2 cup fresh mint leaves, torn
- 1 quantity Nam jim dressing (related recipe)
- 1/4 cup fried shallots (see note), to serve
Cook noodles in a medium saucepan of boiling water for 4 to 5 minutes or until tender. Drain. Rinse under cold water. Cut noodles into 10cm lengths.
Heat a greased barbecue plate or chargrill on medium-high heat. Drizzle steak with oil. Cook steak for 3 to 4 minutes each side for medium or until cooked to your liking. Transfer to a plate. Cover loosely with foil. Set aside for 5 minutes to rest. Thinly slice.
Meanwhile place noodles in a bowl. Add capsicum, carrot, onion, coriander, mint and half the nam jim dressing. Combine.
Serve noodle salad topped with sliced beef, remaining nam jim dressing and sprinkled with fried shallots.
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 people rated this recipe
This information is per serving.