Thai beef larb2015-07-14
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 15m
- Ready In : 25m
Divine, flexible and simple to tidy up a short time later, this feast with mince is ideal for the weeknights.
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1 medium brown onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2cm piece fresh ginger, peeled, finely grated
- 1 lemongrass stalk (white part only), finely chopped
- 600g beef mince
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce
- 1/4 cup sweet chilli sauce
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/2 cup fresh mint leaves, torn
- 1/2 cup fresh coriander leaves
- 1/3 cup chopped roasted unsalted peanuts
- Cooked vermicelli noodles and lime wedges, to serve
Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add onion. Cook, stirring, for 3 minutes or until onion has softened. Add garlic, ginger and lemongrass. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until fragrant. Add mince. Cook, stirring with a wooden spoon to break up mince, for 8 to 10 minutes or until browned and cooked through.
Add fish sauce, sweet chilli sauce and lime juice. Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes. Remove from heat. Stir through mint and coriander. Sprinkle with peanuts. Serve with noodles.
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 people rated this recipe
This information is per serving.