Thai chicken meatloaf2015-08-12
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 15m
- Cook Time : 40m
- Ready In : 55m
Asian flavors jazz up this rendition of chicken meatloaf.
- Olive oil, to grease
- 800g chicken mince
- 70g (1 cup) fresh breadcrumbs (made from day-old bread)
- 1 egg, lightly whisked
- 1 stem lemon grass, pale section only, finely chopped
- 2 kaffir lime leaves, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh coriander, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons sweet chilli sauce
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 2 green shallots, ends trimmed, thinly sliced diagonally
- 1 long fresh red chilli, deseeded, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup loosely packed fresh coriander leaves
- Sweet chilli sauce, extra, to serve
Preheat oven to 180°C. Brush a deep 9 x 19cm (base measurement) loaf pan with oil to lightly grease. Combine the mince, breadcrumbs, egg, lemon grass, lime leaves, coriander and sweet chilli sauce in a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
Press chicken mixture into the prepared pan. Bake in preheated oven for 35-40 minutes or until juices run clear when a skewer is inserted into the centre. Remove from oven. Set aside in the pan for 5 minutes to rest. Turn onto a serving platter.
Sprinkle meatloaf with green shallot, chilli and coriander leaves. Cut into slices and serve with extra sweet chilli sauce, if desired.